วันเสาร์ที่ 26 กันยายน พ.ศ. 2552

Ferdinand to resign on the basis of registration IndyCar

Gil de Ferran was retiring from the race for the second time at the end of the current season, American Le Mans Series to focus on his role as chairman of the team that bears his name.

The Brazilian, who retired from IndyCar competition in 2003, he returned to active competition last season after the formation of de Ferran Motorsports team in LMP2 class-RUN spend as factory Acura team.

The team then moved LMP1 and get this season in Mid-Ohio this weekend is the next team is composed of three consecutive victories.

Pôle de Ferran guaranteed for the event was announced previously that it would resign its role as a driving force in ending the campaign focuses entirely on your computer - to run two cars of both teams and the 2010 IndyCar Series alms

"The ideal would be a perfect world, I run two events at the American Le Mans Series, and two cars in the IndyCar Series," he said. "This is my dream, and partly because I retired from driving is to follow this dream. My training is primarily the Indy car is a sport well understood, and I know lots of people. And we are sure that we can attract more workers to the talent to make this team work well is crucial to our success.

"During my career I have always been driven by new challenges. Although I enjoyed my time after the control # 66 XM Radio Acura ARX-02A CCD, my main goal is the construction progress of our team organization world-class motorsport.

"I think the return to the cockpit during the last year, I was competitive and value our team as a driver. In general, I also believe we have achieved in developing this program now step to the point that side and concentrate 100 percent of my time to expand our team.

Ferdinand, now hope for a strong end to the race charity for the rest of the season and said he was eager for the backdrop of his time as a driver in the same way when they came out of the competition IndyCar - have a victory over Texas in his last race.

"I look forward to competing in the 2009 charity event, I think we have a strong shot at the championship," he said. "This is a fantastic sports car end of my career driving victory at Laguna Seca and the championship of the Acura and CCD, the same way I ended my career Indy car.